Roadtrip | St. Louis

by

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing good and having a great week so far. I, for one, took a road trip from Atlanta to South Dakota with my family. And for those who don't know where South Dakota is, it's a state in US which is located up north...basically in the middle of nowhere. My aunt lives in South Dakota so every other year we always drive up there to visit her. Now this road trip isn't a short trip, it's a 17 hour trip. So we decided to drive 8 hours and make a stop in St. Louis. This was my first time in St. Louis and by the couple of hours just being there I fell in love. We visited their famous museum called City Museum. Now this museum isn't your typical museum..it's a museum full of slides, fairs wheel, and so much more.When you walk in the first thing you see is this huge playground made from steel/wires. You have to crawl into small tubes to get into the playground. It's hard to explain it but by the picture you can get a visual. Inside they have this 10 story slide and you have to walk up these stairs in pitch dark just to get to the slide. You can choose to go on the slide, but if you're to scared then you can go to the rooftop where there is a fairs wheel, 9 foot slide, and a bus that is hanging from the rooftop that you can go inside. I have a fear of heights but for some odd reason when I was up there I wasn't scared. When we were up there the wind was blowing so hard because it was going to rain. After the museum we went to the hotel which had such an amazing view of the city and the famous St. Louis arch. We left the next morning to South Dakota since it was another 8 hours. We went to a gas station that was about 30 minutes away from the city and which we were at the gas station the clouds were pitch black and the wind is so strong. I've honestly never experienced wind like that before. My mom went inside the purchase some snacks and of course she took her time. My sister and I waited in the car and all I was thinking to myself was  "oh my god a tornado is about to come any second". My mom finally came back and we left the gas station then about 30 minutes later my aunt from South Dakota called saying that there was a tornado a little bit out of St. Louis. When I checked the news on my phone, the tornado hit where the gas station I was in. How scary would that have been!! At least this is something I can tell my kids when I'm older. Follow me on Instagram (aixat) because I'll be posting more pictures from my trip. Well i'm going to bed..goodnight! xx